Motherhood is more than just a day – it is a lifetime of ordinary moments and extraordinary events.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

FEELING GOOD ABOUT GIVING


MomsBloom Volunteer, Judy, holding a baby while mom gets some respite time

From Board Member, Taggart Town
 
If you’re like me, when it comes to donating I want to feel good about how my resources are used and know that my donations are making a positive impact on my community.  In short, I want to feel good about giving.
 
As a member of the MomsBloom Board of Directors I am fortunate to see the impact that we make in the community every day.  Each year MomsBloom and our team of dedicated volunteers provide very real support to approximately 250 West Michigan families.  Sometimes support comes in the form of an extra pair of hands or a listening ear.  Other times it’s providing education or connecting parents to resources that grow their support network. See Danielle’s story below for a real-life example of how MomsBloom provides practical and essential help to mothers.  --Taggart

“My MomsBloom volunteer was not only exemplary, she was also vital during a big transition in our family’s life. Having an adult to talk with was a huge comfort during the evening hours when my husband was away at work. My volunteer shared tips and tricks learned from raising her own children and she helped to address issues like sibling rivalry caused by the new addition to our family. I became much more patient with my family, and myself, because I always knew help was never far away; it provided me the opportunity to focus on what was truly necessary. I found myself thriving instead of just surviving.” ~Danielle, mother of 3

How can you support MomsBloom?

You can donate safely through Network for Good. Your donation is fully tax-deductible. 
Link to our Network for Good page HERE: Network for Good
or you can send your donation to:

            MomsBloom
            3292 North Evergreen Drive NE
            Grand Rapids, MI 49525

Still looking for a way to honor your mother this Mother’s Day?  

Honor her, or any important person in your life, by making a donation in their name to MomsBloom and we will recognize them on our UnEvent website.  We look forward to giving a HUGE shout to all of the awesome women out there!

Thank you for your support and for being a member of the extended family for the twenty-first century!

No comments:

Post a Comment